1 cup sugar
1 1/4 cups water
4 cups whole strawberries, rinsed and hulled
2 Tbsp. orange juice
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and the water and bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, or until reduced by one-fourth. Remove from the heat and cool.
- In a blender, combine the strawberries and the orange juice until smooth. Press through a fine sieve.
- In a large bowl, combine with the sugar mixture. Cover and freeze until set.
- Whisk until smooth, freeze for an additional hour, and whisk again. Repeat twice.
- Serve when creamy.
Makes 1 quart