Monday, April 26, 2010

Food Revolution

Jamie Oliver is a breath of fresh air in the food culture, I write this as I chow down on a toaster oven pizza, ewww! What am I thinking? It is a vice I have to battle, but aside from the frozen-pizza-for-one, the remainder of my diet is excellent. I am a vegetarian, like a real one, most of the food I eat is raw veggies, sea weeds, bread so full of grains that it falls apart, cashews, almonds etc... Once in a while I have to have some dark chocolate and dismally, my childhood addiction - the plain, all cheese, Brooklyn style pizza.

It took me a while to get to this point, I had to educate myself on the level of poisons dumped into the food we eat daily. I ate school lunch everyday for 8 or 9 years; when I think about that I still get sick, that food is disgusting, and I had no clue. No one told me and I didn't ask.

Among the small army of my favorite chefs, health gurus and their books is Jamie Oliver.
Besides having superb vegetarian recipes, Jamie has a higher calling and that is to pass on the delicious, nutritious and healthy way of life.

Listen to Jamies TED talk then check out his petition and what it's all about and if you have some time left, pick a recipe for tonight's dinner. Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment